Thursday, 14 September 2017

Conversations #6




He: Will you marry me?
She: (laughs aloud and says) Why do you want to ask me this abruptly in the middle of the conversation?
He: I was just wondering about it!
She: Why?
He: Shiva’s ten years love broke away from him today. There were a lot of promises too between them.
She: So, you want to know whether I will be there for two more years or ours will end as an eight-year short story. Is that so?
He: Not so.
She: Then what so?
He: I’m not comparing actually.
She: Then ask me the same question yesterday!
He: How would I?
She: You couldn’t. I’m simply saying “Don’t ask me stupid questions!”
He: But I have asked you already!
She: So, that proves you are a stupid!
He: What do you want me to do now?
She: Don’t demand an answer for that and you’ll be less stupid. OK?
He: (gets irritated and says) See, I can’t listen to anything and everything you say (and he says to himself) If you ask questions about marriage, are you that stupid?
She: So, what happened between them? Why did they break up?
He: It is not fair what she did to him. She..
She: (interrupts and says) Will all you boys complain girls even before analyzing an issue?
He: I did not do that now!
She: You fairly did that. Before even saying what happened, you are making a plain statement on her. Riya is fair in her affairs as far as I know.
He: But I know what happened already.
She: So..?
He: So, I can fairly make a statement before explaining the matter and it won’t be unfair.
She: Do whatever you want. Just if you will tell me what happened for them, I’ll listen to it, pray for them and go to sleep.
He: So, you listen. That’s a good decision. Do not interrupt!
She: (in an indifferent tone) Uff..because of them, you are narrowly escaping my fury.
He: And so are you escaping mine.
She: OK, let’s talk tomorrow then.
He: Are you sure?
She: Yes.
He: Then you should not call me in another ten minutes and say “please tell it, I couldn’t sleep.”
She: Curious cases of Shiva and Riya reserved for tomorrow! Good night.
He: Wait Wait! Did you watch that movie?
She: After your great persuasion for a longtime, I watched it this afternoon.
He: Were you free this afternoon? I thought you were in the hospital.
She: Yeah, I was in the hospital but quite free from work. So, I made myself busy with that movie.
He: Did you like it?
She: Yeah, it’s curious indeed! Good!
He: Surprising to know it from you!! You don’t really say you like something which I like.
She: I’m different from you and I’m just being honest. I liked this one and so I like it!
He: hmm! I really love the scene where he meets her again after a longtime and she looking at him amazed says to him “Why did you come back again?” Her daughter and her husband come out from inside and it’s a kind of an awkward situation, right?
She: So, what are you up to now? Stupidity again?
He: No, I just said I like that scene. Why do you have to become so obsessed by my question that you relate it with anything like this just for granted?
She: I’m not obsessed, I’m upset!
He: Oh!!
She: Yeah!!
He: Sorry then!
She: OK, no problem. Let’s sleep. I need to get up at 6 a.m. to get ready for work. Tomorrow, doctor Anitha will not be coming for work. So, I must be there early.
He: OK. I’m sorry again!
She: No problem dear, I understand. I’m not a heartless doctor.
He: I know that!
She: Yeah, you know that very well. That is why you asked me the question in the first place.
He: But did I not finally apologize?
She: That doesn’t do away the question! Anyways, I think I have answered you.
He: When?
She: Stupid questions do not have direct answers.
He: So..?
She: Think. Good night.

(and she hangs up the call not taking even an extra second to await a response. She doesn’t call him back and say “please tell it, I couldn’t sleep.” And after waiting for a while, he picks up his mobile and calls his friend Shiva just to kill time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment