Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Conversations #5

He: Do you believe in ghosts?
She: Why do you ask me that in the middle of the night?
He: My friend was telling that if we want to talk with a girl through the night then we can use this question.
She: Do you think that it is true?
He: What? Ghosts or talking all night?
She: Both..but the latter first!
He: That we will know tonight!! You answer my question.
She: Well, hmmm, I think I may believe in ghosts!
He: Now what do you want me to understand from your answer?
She: Understand that though I believe in ghosts or not, I fear them!
He: haha!! How can you fear something that doesn’t exist?
She: I didn’t say that they don’t exist!
He: So, you say you believe in their existence? 
She: No, I did not say that either!
He: uff.. you tell me how you could fear something...
She: (interrupts and says) please, let’s speak something else or I will go sleep!
He: OK then. Sleep. Bye.
She: Is that all?
He: Yeah bye (and he cuts the call)

There is a chill in her body and she becomes restless after he cuts the call. Gets up from her bed and runs near to the switch board and turns on the light. Walks to and fro across her bed, throws her glance at the mobile at least six times in every twenty steps. But the merciless mobile screen doesn’t show any signs of change. She thinks whether to call him but her second thoughts say that it will be counted as weakness on her part. She resists her first thoughts. The clock now shows that she had walked for 15 minutes and she thinks to herself that the ghost talk had at least helped her health concerns. When she was about to laugh to mock her own thought, the mobile moves from its position to a relatively different orientation and she jumps onto her bed to grab the phone. With all her expectation that he had texted her again and she would be out of fear, she opens her whatsapp message to see this


“I almost cried,” she says.
He: I thought you would have literally cried!
She: Don’t you know that I am sensitive and fragile?
He: So, when will you be strong?
She: I’m strong even now. If you are here, I will box you down. (continues with curiosity) See, I read something and it was quite interesting. It says that our dearest person is our ghost!
He: (gets perplexed and asks) Why so?
She: You should rather ask ‘how.’
He: OK. How?
She: What do people think ghosts do?
He: Now, you are seeming to be strong..picking up the conversation about ghosts!!
She: Just answer me.
He: Sorry. Question again!
She: What do people think ghosts do?
He: People think...ghosts nag them, take them through fearful emotions..sometimes I have heard people say that ghosts haunt them..things like these..
She: In all these, what is the similarity that you find?
He: What similarity? I couldn’t get any..may be in all these they bother people.
She: No, I’m expecting a different answer!
He: How would I know that?
She: You know that!
He: Now, you don’t speak like a ghost!!
She: Do ghosts speak?
He: Don’t bother me..please tell me the similarity and answer why you said your dearest person is your ghost.
She: I did not say that. I just read it.
He: OK..anything..be precise.
She: OK. In all these things which you said ghosts are around you and they always try to be with you and they want something from you..also they want to make you feel that they are there!
He: So..?
She: So..is that not what your dearest one does always? Being around you..with you..wanting something from you..wanting you to feel that they are there..
He: This is a poor similarity finding yar. Where did you read this?
She: What is so poor in that? Doesn’t it match one and the other?
He: It doesn’t match by itself..you are making it to match. I mean you are making it appear so.
She: how do you say that?
He: Now listen! Ghosts nag people, would your dearest one nag you? Ghosts haunt people, would your dearest one haunt you? Ghosts take people through fearful emotions, would your dearest one do that to you?
She: That is what you exactly did to me an hour ago. Hence proved! (haha)
He: This is not fair.
She: No dear it is really fair indeed! I have proved it from the positive side and you have proved it from the negative side (and laughs like a ghost i.e. in a surrealistic tone)
He: Are you not alone? Where did you get this boldness from?
She: I got this boldness because it is you who are my ghost (and laughs at him again)
He: It is my mistake that I asked you this question! You have become mad! See, I’m not your ghost and you are not my ghost. Ghosts never exist.
She: How do you say that?
He: After all, I say it from our conversation. We made up all this conversation; we made up all the questions, suggestions and conclusions. Similarly, it is we who make up whether ghosts exist or not. So, they don’t. Do you get me?
She: I don’t get you.
He: How could I explain you?
She: Think about it and bring your explanation tomorrow!
He: Hey..don’t hang up the call. As long as I think, you stay on the line. I will explain it to you and then we will sleep.
She: Then..when?
He: I don’t know!
She: So, what should I do now?
He: Just remain quiet but on the call.
She: (laughs out loud and says) your friend was right. This conversation is making us awake all night but it is not because of me..it is because of you!!!!!!!

(Not sure of the conversations here)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(After almost an hour he asks)
He: Have you watched the movie 'Pizza?'


No comments:

Post a Comment